Sunday, April 3, 2011

Arabian Night


A few weeks ago, my friend Shrouk asked me to take photos of this post-wedding party at the New World Hotel. I didn't realize how big of a deal it was until I met the consuls of Egypt and the UAE. It turned out that it was an intimate event for the embassy. Less than 50 people came, and everyone knew each other. Most of the time, they all spoke in Arabic. The playlist consisted of Egyptian wedding songs, some sounded familiar. At the end of the night, a few people working at the embassy approached me and told me  they could assure me a visa to Egypt. Haha!

This commission is something I definitely won't forget. Probably one of the perks of being a photographer is how you get to meet so many people from different walks of life. You learn how they live, and sometimes get lucky enough get to step into their shoes, even for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment